Hi friends. It’s been a long while since I last blogged. Busy days. However, that shouldn’t stop me from sharing some of the interesting reads I’ve come across in my time away. Here are a few:
- IS GOD ALSO IN HELL? “We have a God who is referred to as everywhere present (omnipresent) yet who maintains a place called hell, described as a place where people are removed from His presence.” Is this a contradiction? Read on and be enlightened…
- READING PROFITABLY. Joe Thorn shares some excellent advice on reading well: “I often tell people at our church that when you read Christian books be sure to read critically–though not negatively. Every book should be evaluated by the word of God, and it is good to ask ourselves, how is this author right, and how is he/she wrong?”
- DATING TO DISPLAY JESUS. “Dating is dead. So says the media. Girls, stop expecting guys to make any formal attempt at winning your affections. Don’t sit around waiting for a boy to make you a priority, communicate his intentions, or even call you on the phone. Exclusivity and intentionality are ancient rituals, things of the past, and misplaced hopes. I beg to differ,” Marshall Segal.
- HOW TO DISCOURAGE ARTISTS IN THE CHURCH. “Here are some more ways to discourage artists in the church:
- Not setting reasonable boundaries.
- Not allowing artists to experience creative freedom.
- Asking the input of artists and deciding not to use it without an explanation.”
Read on for more…
- 33 REASONS TO ABSTAIN FROM PORN. Jason George shares 33 reasons why he abstains from porn and encourages us to do the same, “Type your reasons/motives up on your computer. Then print them out, and put a copy in your planner or Bible (some place you’re going to see them everyday). If you want to, record yourself reading through them—and keep that recording on your iPod like I do—and then listen to it daily. It really does help.”
I think these 5 are enough to keep you well fed throughout the weekend. Enjoy and have a blessed Friday.